Please watch the video to learn a bit more about who we are and what we do for the Children of Hout Bay Educational Learning.
chelo - Children of Hout Bay Education and Learning Opportunity
chelo is the bursary program facilitated by Hout Bay International School (HBIS).
How chelo was started
This bursary programme was conceptualized in 2007 by a group of parents who were driven by a desire for an international school to integrate global and local diversity.
The other main focus was to provide opportunities to previously disadvantaged communities in Hout Bay in the form of world class education.
What we offer the bursary students
• Social worker/psychologist
• Educational assessment
• Educational equipment – including computer equipment
• Textbooks and Learning resources
• Occupational Therapy
• Homework support
• School camps
• Contribution to additional support if needed ( counselling,optometrist, dentist, GP)
• Fees for International Examinations
• University or other tertiary entry fees support
Account name: chelo Bank: FNB-First National Bank, Hout Bay Branch code: 204009 Account number: 62874202428 BIC / SWIFT code: FIRNZAJJ Reference: Your First Name, Last Name
We have facilitated
bursaries so far
people have donated
Become a Sponsor
Would you like to support a child by making a donation?